Thursday, November 2, 2017

Meet Richard Bowman

What brought you to Reynolds?
I was declined acceptance from UVA and I looked for other ways to attend and as I was searching one of my advisors from high school recommended Reynolds because of its Honors program.

What sparked your interest in your field of study?
Ever since my freshman year of high school I have loved computers and programming. I love the idea that I can create programs that have a useful function.

What is the best part of participating in the Honors Program at Reynolds?
The atmosphere of the Honors program is wonderful. Very friendly, very kind.

When you aren’t studying or working, what do you like to do for fun?
I enjoy playing guitar and hanging out with my friends, whether that is video games or out to eat.

What is your greatest struggle as a student?
Time management, I arrived at Reynolds with poor time management skills and I am working on creating a schedule that balances all of my activities.

What is the best class you have taken and why?
Although I am a first semester student, so I have not taken many classes, I am enjoying my CHM 111 class because of its rigor and small class size.

Where would you most like to travel?
I would love to go to the Bahamas and their crystal clear waters.

Where do you want to go from here?
I would love to attend UVA and receive my Masters degree in Computer Science.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reynolds Honor Student Ryan Lingo Volunteers at NASA Event Ryan Lingo has a goal, but he isn’t waiting for that goal to materialize. H...