Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Meet Honors Student Kofi Riddick

What brought you to Reynolds?
The opportunity to establish myself academically in the first two years of higher education and the promise of the Reynolds Community Board Scholarship brought me to Reynolds. The idea of learning in small classrooms intrigued me as I value cultivating positive relationships with my professors.

What sparked your interest in your field of study?
A naturally inquisitive mindset and insatiable curiosity about the field of Genetics sparked my interest in Biology. From a very young age, I have always been curious about the genes I inherited from my parents that make me who I am. Each person in unique and genetic material allows for the diversity that makes live interesting.

What is the best part of participating in the Honors Program at Reynolds?
The best part of participating in the Reynolds Program is surrounding myself with equally motivated scholars and engaging in stimulating conversation. Meeting people from different backgrounds who are just as eager to challenge themselves academically is very refreshing.

When you aren’t studying or working, what do you like to do for fun?
My extracurricular hobbies include, playing soccer, doing gymnastics, hanging with friends and walking my dog.

What is your greatest struggle as a student?
My greatest struggle as a student is letting grades determine my happiness. I put far too much pressure on myself to get an "A" on every assignment and sometimes get in a rut when that does not happen.

What is the best class you have taken and why?
This is very bias, but the best class I have taken would be Bio 101 in the Spring of 2017. I enjoyed every minute of it, my professor was excellent and the material was taught very well.

Where would you most like to travel?
I would like to travel to England because that is where the Premier League is, the best soccer league in the world.

Where do you want to go from here?

From here I will matriculate to a four year university where I will attain my Bachelor's Degree in Biology. I will then apply to graduate school and become a Master of Science in pursuit of my career goal of becoming a Genetic Counselor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reynolds Honor Student Ryan Lingo Volunteers at NASA Event Ryan Lingo has a goal, but he isn’t waiting for that goal to materialize. H...