Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Meet Honors Student - Charvay Wright

What brought you to Reynolds?
What brought me to Reynolds is my persistence.  I am a continuing education student and desire to complete college and earn my degree have continually stayed at the forefront of life.  Of course, this makes me a non-traditional student, but it also makes me unique.

What sparked your interest in your field of study?
What sparked my interest in my field of study is the empathy and compassion I have toward people.  I would like to use these virtues to be of help to people.

What is the best part of participating in the Honors Program at Reynolds?
For me at the moment the best part of being in the Honors program is all the support and information that is offered in the program.  I would have loved to have been a part of this program years ago, but I admit my focus was a huge obstacle at that time.

When you aren’t studying or working, what do you like to do for fun?
When I am not studying or working, I to have fun with my family.  I like to go out to see a good movie or go to the gym to cycle or hang out in the pool.  I teach a water fitness deep water class which helps me to maintain my workload and enjoy myself the participants.

What is your greatest struggle as a student?
My greatest struggle as a student would currently be math class.  I want to do well, but I know that math is not where my strength is academically.  Still, I apply myself while dealing with all the struggles I encounter in math.

What is the best class you have taken and why?
The best class that I have taken would have to be BIO 102.  The reason that I say this is because I made the mistake of taking this class online and due to this mistake I was greatly challenged.  However, I can appreciate that this class made me even more of a fighter academically.  I had to study very hard.  This caused me to grow in ways that I did not expect.

Where would you most like to travel?
I would most like to travel to anywhere tropical, but I'll start with Hawaii.

Where do you want to go from here?
From here I want to go to VCU to complete my degree and graduate with my BA in social work.  Of course, I will pursue a Masters degree.  I want to go into working with clients and teens in need of services through the social science field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reynolds Honor Student Ryan Lingo Volunteers at NASA Event Ryan Lingo has a goal, but he isn’t waiting for that goal to materialize. H...